Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Little book

I recently recieved a little book by A.W. Tozer, How to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Its only about 60 pages long and are a few sermons of Tozer about the Holy Spirit. I read it in a day, 1 because it was super interesting and 2 beacuse it was pretty short and i didnt feel like reading stuff for school at the time. There are some things that he said that really kinda took me back for a second...or like im still thinkin about them now.

The first thing that really blew me away was that of the Holy Spirit coming down at the Pentecost. He asks the question that since the Holy Ghost came down on them...does that mean it is here for us as well, or do we need Him to fall on us as well.

The thing that what brought me back is the thought that "duh He is here" but then I started to think about it, and maybe He is here on earth, but is He in my life?

Tozer goes on to some really convicting questions (that are really good for one to ask oneself) about ones life and what it means to really be filled with the Holy Spirit.

It was a little book that I thought I was just going to read and maybe get something from it, I didn't think that it would be something that made me review my life with God...but im glad it was given to me, its something I will be looking at for awhile now.

Paperclips (areas i paperclip in the book and are what i think are good sayins from the book)

'"do you believe that the Lord answers prayer and heals the sick?" he would reply, "sure i do" he believes it, but he dosnt teach it, and what you dont believe strongly enough to teach doesnt do you any good'

'you want His help (Gods): yes, you want a lot of His benefits, yes, but are you willing to go with Him in His opposition to the easygoing ways of the world?'

No comments: